Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Fantastic Fun Maths

In Te Ngahere we have been doing Pangarau (maths). We got put into groups my group was the green tick.

We were learning to tell the difference between subtraction and addition for word problems.  I think the best strategy for addition is place value partitioning or equal additions.

I used them to help me and it made it much easier for me.

Also with subtraction I would personally use jumping the line because it made it so much easier for me then using place value. 

I have also been learning jumping the number the line and equal additions and I just remembered place value partitioning from last year.

I tried to do place value for subtraction but I got stuck because I couldn’t take 6 away from 3. 


What way do you think is best for subtraction and addition? 

 





 


No comments:

Post a Comment