Monday, May 10, 2021

Fun EPro8 Challenge

This week in Te Ngahere we did an Epro8 challenge. Epro8 is lots of hard and challenging maths to help you communicate with new people. One of the challenges we did this week was castle siege. We had to get into groups of three or four that didn’t include your social friends. My group was Cahaly, Amber, Mikaria and I. We had to build a catapult that shoots out a ping pong ball that can fly at least 3 meters before touching the ground. We got 30 rubber bands, 30 bamboo sticks, 1 ping pong ball, 1 electrical tape, 1 roll of string, 2 a4 pieces of paper, 1 a3 piece of paper and 1 pair of scissors. We learnt about two types of energy. Kinetic and potential. Kinetic energy is where the energy gets let out and moves and potential energy is where stays stored somewhere. What we found challenging was trying to get catapult to stay up by itself. My group did well at all asking questions, In the future  I am  going to work on discussing with my group and to make a plan before doing anything.   I think my group was really good at communicating because we all got a little turn.


Have you made a catapult before?


No comments:

Post a Comment