Friday, August 13, 2021

I Am Hope

  Kia ora this week we had two guys had come into Te Ngahere, their names were Tai and Trent. Tai and Trent were from I Am Hope which was pretty amazing to see them in real life because I have only heard about them on social media. Tai came to talk to us about mental health and a story about him when he was growing up. Trent is Tai’s bodyguard, he has to make sure Tai is safe and ok. My favorite part of the story was when he said he could be in a room with his dad but he would only have a conversation with him in his head. So Tai didn’t know how to communicate with people until he was 18 years old (WOW). The bit that stood out for me was the part where he said that his dad wasn’t really his real dad and his family had been lying to him his whole life. What I have learnt from this is that out there in the world who say they are ok on the outside but not in the inside. I also learnt that we all have inner critics in our heads (inner critic is a voice inside our heads that say bad things about people surrounding us.) 


Have you ever heard about I Am Hope? 

Have they ever came to your school before?




No comments:

Post a Comment